Burn in for the new MQ131 in progress. Still need another 24 hours until we can start looking at actual values.

Sent from Instagram – http://ift.tt/1cIrbtm

Fooling around with Sound Sensors and Ozone Sensor…. Just before we add to the prototype device…

Sent from Instagram – http://ift.tt/1csPZW5

Hot news: just got a new laser based sensor delivered. Testing to start shortly. Weekly blog update to follow soon – stay tuned

Sent from Instagram – http://ift.tt/1Q63cRS

A quick status update. Our latest set of sensors has unfortunately not yet reached us but hopefully towards the end of the week we’ll get busy again with testing new hardware. Main focus is on sensing further relevant gases besides PM. In the meantime, we’ve started analyzing the data our systems have collected to correlate data and to ensure we’re getting the relevant information.

Sent from Instagram – http://ift.tt/1RA5JHJ

Sometimes a bit of improvisation is needed. We call it Sashpi extended edition. Needed more air to reach the sensors at the bottom.

Sent from Instagram – http://ift.tt/1JoJ0Zm

Another prototype, this time more powerful than ever before!

A second SASHPI prototype being built!
A second SASHPI prototype being built!

We had a busy week and an especially busy workshop day yesterday building our second prototype box.

Although the initial plan was to build two additional systems, we opted for only one at this time but rather integrated all the different sensors (quiet a few to be honest). We are now running 4 air quality sensors while measuring temperature, humidity, air pressure and UV together with some additional data points on system operation; all out of the one system.

Skillful hands were required for soldering the different components together and to connect everything into the Arduino and ESP8266. Initially we didn’t intend to use the Arduino sensor shield but since changed our mind and it proved immensely helpful to simplify the setup and to keep everything organized. Check out the pictures for some impressions how the system on a breadboard transitioned into a clean set up.

The voltage sensor we mentioned in our update last week works perfectly and is also part of the setup, allowing us to continuously measure input power and detect any fluctuations in voltage.

Not to forget, some major improvements were made at the backend on the graph that visualize the data that is being collected. This will enable us to better analyze the information we’re collecting. You can see a sample here!

There are more measurements we want to look into so next week we will be back again at researching what components best meet our requirements.

Have a great weekend.

We are blogging in Tumblr and Blogger too!

We are blogging in Tumblr and Blogger too
We are blogging in Tumblr and Blogger too

In order not to leave some other communities of users that use other blogging tools (and prefer to follow blogs on those tools) we started today to blog in Tumblr and Blogger, on top of our main blog WordPress. These are the URL of the different pages we are now using, so you can follow us where is more convenient for you:

– WordPress: sashpi.wordpress.com
– Tumblr: sashpi.tumblr.com
– Blogger: sashpi.blogspot.com
– Facebook: facebook.com/sashpisupport
– Twitter: twitter.com/sashpisupport

Each blog has different look and feel, but we do hope you follow us in at least one of them 🙂  Stay tuned, we will be uploading a few pictures about our workshop yesterday!

We have a new about.me page!

If you do not have an about.me page, it is time for you to go and get yours.  We just got ours, you can see it in about.me/sashpi … basically, it is our digital presentation card!  Of course you will get more info about the progress of our journey in this blog and in our website sashpi.com, but about.me is more about a simple presentation.  Let us know what you think!

A first SASHPI prototype and some more updates

Another good week and right on plan we managed to build our first prototype case.  Taking a simple enclosure, all the core Sashpi components were added, openings cut and external power pulled in.  Although a bit rough on the outside yet, this prototype setup now allows us to add more sensors and have them send data on an ongoing basis.

Another area of focus was how to best access the data all the sensors are collecting. We came to the conclusion that a number of graphs will be the best way to visualize the information. A lot of discussion went into finding the ideal combination.

For the coming week, we are working on some core code changes that are required to allow us to easily add further sensors. A volt sensor was just delivered that is waiting to be tested. 

Btw, visit our website www.sashpi.com when you get the chance. We’ve put our vision into words.